So far 2017 has been an amazingly rewarding and fast paced year for our team here at Pixel & Hammer. As a team of 4.5 we have launched 7 awesome websites, sent 10 fun print pieces to the presses, and have over 12 active projects that our team is working on at the moment.
We feel so grateful to be so busy and to be working with such great organizations. In order to be able to accept more work and continue to provide our clients with the best service we can, we are now accepting resumes to add a new web developer to our team! Our team consists of individuals are who highly skilled at their own crafts, and as such we are looking for someone who excels at self-learning and can jump into a fun, challenging and collaborative development role.
What you can expect to do:
- Attending sales and creative meetings with our team to discuss client needs, and offer ideas and solutions based on your expertise.
- Front-end development and assisting front-end developers as needed.
- Developing easy to use Content Management Systems that our clients will love using with ExpressionEngine, Wordpress, Craft, Shopify, and Statamic among others.
- Develop custom web-based solutions on and using a variety of technologies.
- Thorough Q/A and website launches.
- Supporting existing clients with maintenance, bug fixes, consulting and hosting support as needed.
- Work with other developers to improve processes, product quality and team communication
Our wish list:
- CSS/HTML5 with appreciation for best practices
- Knowledge of at least one other web language (PHP, Ruby, .NET)
- Comfortable integrating with a variety of API’s as needed for clients
- Ability manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- A self-motivated individual with a love of learning and keeping up with new technologies
- A passion for web development
Bonus points for experience with any of the following:
PHP, WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Statamic, Shopify, eCommerce, GIT/Versioning, Server Administration,
We offer a flexible schedule (with core hours of 10-4) in a small team setting where we live by the work hard, play hard mentality. We have a casual dress code, lounge equipped with an apple tv and games, team outings, and fun coworkers. Our office is located in the heart of Carlisle on the first floor of the historical Duncan Stiles House which is within walking distance to a number of delicious eateries for breakfast and lunch. Paid major holidays, and the ability to work from home when needed. Healthcare plans available. A competitive salary (based on skill and experience).
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.